Wednesday, October 22, 2014

FIGHT FOR IT!

Don’t expect them to accept your offer the first time!  They will come back most likely with a counter offer. That doesn’t mean you can’t counter again! We went back and forth 4 times! In between the third and fourth offers, we almost gave up. Brenda even "made" or STRONGLY ENCOURAGED me go look at other homes during it so that I could see if this was really the home I wanted and if I was willing to keep fighting! Heck no to any of the rest of those homes!!! I found myself always comparing to the home I wanted and I wouldn’t like any of the new ones as much as I liked that one! My mind was stuck.

We knew the items we wanted included with the home and it was quite the experience going back and forth trying to get our precious washer and dryer included in the home! Also, having them pay closing costs or at least part of them is VERY helpful! With all the costs of buying a home, it is nice to feel like they are going to pay for something for you!

I was never so grateful to Brenda until after this experience. She calmed me down, put her boxing gloves on for me, and dealt with all the behind the scenes things I didn’t even want to know was going on! After battling for what felt like forever, the offer was finally accepted!

So now what? Move in right? NO!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment