Wednesday, October 15, 2014

35 Houses Later...

We are down to our 35th home (that is after many days of looking of course, Brenda is SO patient though, she enjoyed every minute of it I am sure right?!?)…we were going to give up for the day but there was one we thought we should probably just at least drive by since we had an appointment….and boy am I glad we did!!! We LOVED it! It had everything minus a fireplace that I wanted (and you better believe we bought a portable one shortly after moving in!). Other than that, there are things looking back like wishing the entry was a bit bigger that could be changed, but I LOVED the rest and so did my husband! We agreed! No one I don’t think will ever be 100% satisfied with their home, whether they are building it or purchasing a model or buying pre-owned, but if the shoes fits your family's feet, some things can be looked past!
 
So the house across the street is for sale too….let’s check it out….

We walk in and immediately I realize nothing is going to compete with the house we just saw! I WANT that! We sit in the car as I stare starry eyed at this home. I want it and I want it now! There was another appointment after us….I told my now husband to stand out front and act like a crazy neighbor so the people don’t want it ha….he didn’t but I thought it was a good idea! No?!?!

So we found it….now what? Hit your head on the wall and realize you are going to not be as rich as you were before. NO! Sit down, go over your budget. Go over how much YOU feel comfortable paying each month. Can you afford the payment after EVERY expense you have already and still save and have money for fun things too? Don’t rely on making more later….that is not going to help you now!

Talk to your realtor, Brenda! What is an okay offer based on comps? What can we ask to include with it? Go over every detail…this might be YOUR new home!

So we did that…we sat down and went over EVERYTHING! We talked with Brenda, came up with our offer, and boom we got the house…NOT! I wish it was that easy!

So we fight for it…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment