Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Along my journey.....

Along my journey, I worked for a real estate company for a while before I worked for Friemann Companies full time and I loved looking at all the houses. I loved digging in to the prices to see what we could get the customers and finding ways to get everyone their dream home! I took a short stint away from that and followed some other career paths but in the end, I came back to Brenda and joined the Friemann Companies team! I think I always knew deep down I would!

After working a while on office management and marketing for Friemann Companies, it was brought to  my attention that maybe I should think about getting my real estate license. You think that would be a no brainer but it is a little scary at first thinking about it!

Think about it...of course it's fun to look at homes (I guess maybe not everyone loves it as much as I do!), and it's fun to be a part of everyone's home journey, but what happens when you are the one with the responsibility to make sure the paperwork goes through and the inspections are done and the home appraises for your buyers and sellers and that everyone goes to closing and leaves closing happy....then it gets a little more real!

I knew I wanted to pursue this and decided to jump right in! It helps that I had a great mentor to talk to me about the process and knew I had someone to talk to when I finished and help me whenever I ran into any issues. So I signed up!

The courses as a whole are divided into 3 Courses. Course 1 preps you for the MN and National Exam. I will dive into these a little more in the next posts but to just give you a general idea..... After Course 1, you take your proctored Course 1 exam (if you completed the course online), then you sign up for and take the National and State Exam. After that, you take Course 2 and 3 and take the proctored exams (again if you took it online otherwise you take the exams in the classroom) before you can continue. After you complete all of that, your broker (I will get into that as well later) needs to send in all your paperwork to apply to get you your license.........at that point.........welcome to the world of real estate!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment