Thursday, November 20, 2014

And the Realtor Journey Begins!!!!

"I truly believe that everything that we do and everyone that we meet is put in our path for a purpose. There are no accidents; we're all teachers - if we're willing to pay attention to the lessons we learn, trust our positive instincts and not be afraid to take risks or wait for some miracle to come knocking at our door." - Marla Gibbs

I believe everything we go through in life serves a purpose. Whether it be a lesson learned or to help us figure out who we are, or to give us an answer that we are looking for - it may not help us now, but later we will see it had a reason for being part of your journey.  I look back at myself a couple years ago and I  must have been crazy! Within a 6 month period, I moved to the Twin Cities, planned my wedding (or was in the heat of planning), got a new job, moved into a cousin's house for temporary living arrangements, got to know a whole new area and how to drive in all this traffic, and bought a house! Oh that's nothing right? Well I look back wondering how I actually handled all that without pulling my hair out, but I did it!

Somewhere along the way, I met Brenda. I remember calling my dad one day about what I should do for living situation and how I hated my apartment hunting (if you don't know that story, look back in my blog!). He mentioned to me how awesome the interest rates were and I should talk to my husband (fiancé at the time) about it maybe being a good time to look at purchasing a home. Well I shared that whole experience with you but what I didn't share is how much I came to LOVE homes and looking at them in the process. Brenda became one of my best friends in the process and has been my mentor and inspiration to get my license. And now, I have it!!

But, what does that take to get!!?!! And how did I know enough about real estate to decide it's for me??!?? That you will find out in the next post!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment